5.1.15

Just A Thought

After a less than favourable year, I was not looking forward to the New Year.
Not because I was bitter and hopeless about it (ok, maybe a little bitter and hopeless - I'd been desperately trying to get my unexpectedly interrupted life back to it's status quo #epicfail), but also because I'd given up on believing that anything good could come out of it.
Increasingly overwhelmed by fear and confusion, I was hesitant to embrace the excitement of the change that many prognosticated (google it). I knew that my situation was not unique and it certainly wasn't the worst, but I struggled to see a silver lining, and negativity became my poison. While complaining one day about my desire to exchange the bleak and gloomy season I was in, for something a little more promising (joyful, optimistic, prosperous - you name it I, wanted it), my negativity was addressed...




This, is not just a season in your life... this is your life! And it's not meant to be wished away in hopes that the future will hold something better for you. No! You're supposed to live your life to the fullest, giving every bit of yourself to it (the good, the bad and the ugly), no matter what is going on! Yes, life is gonna get tough, and it's important to believe and hold on to the hope that things will get better (because they will), but it will never happen in your own strength or timing, and probably not in a way you'd expect either. All you can do, is live in the here and now, grateful for all you've got; eagerly anticipating what is to come. Or you could live in misery, the choice is yours.



I'd like to say that the impartation made me feel better... it didn't. If anything, it probably annoyed me more than it encouraged me, but, it was true. I could complain all I wanted about how life sucks, and how unfair it can be, but the truth remains... challenges are a part of life (we'll never get rid of those), and the way we respond to them is a choice - are you willing to settle with misery?

1 comment:

  1. Very well written and well said! Life will always throw difficulties at us, how we respond or react will determine our success or failure at overcoming!
    Thanks for the encouragement!
    Mal

    ReplyDelete