12.8.14

That Awkward Moment...

We all have embarrassing moments, it's all part of life and all you can really do during those moments is either cringe and hide or laugh.

My recent embarrassing moment took place on a flight as I was making my way home to visit my parents. I was sitting in the aisle seat as per normal and as the air hostesses came past with their trolley of goodies, I decided it was a good idea to grab my snacks (I pack snack so I don't have to buy them on the plane)... So I did. I had been diligent enough to put together some peanut butter and jam corn cakes which are absolutely amazing, however there was just a little too much peanut butter, which caused my mouth to dry out and was in need of some form of liquid to moisten it up again. Being the organised person that I am, I had a brought a bottle of water along, unfortunately my bottle is not just any kind of bottle, no... I have one of those fancy schmacy bottles that you suck water up using a straw.

So now, I have eaten my treat and the need to unstickify (yes... that is now a new word) my upper palette has become a huge neccessity. So I reach for my bottle, pop up the sucking mechanism thingy, and of course having not taken into consideration that I happen to be in an aircraft that has been pressurized, meaning that there has been an air build up in my bottle (if you have ever blown into a juice box and then stopped, you know what Im talking about), I am baptized with an overflowing waterfall. Needless to say, I didn't react fast enough as I was so stunned at what was happening, that half the bottle of water pretty much ended up all over my lap and on the leg of the guy sitting next to me. After finally closing the sucky mechanism thingy, I started using the jersey I had to try and dry up everything that was on my lap (of which my ipad was a victim) and of course I apologised to the guy next to me as well, who seemed to just laugh at me which kinda made me feel a little better. Once I had made sure that all the electronics were still a-ok, I started assessing the damage on myself... It wasn't good..

I had managed to soak myself and not just soak myself but conveniently soak myself in the most awkward of places... Yes it looked like I had peed my pants... badly! And of course there is always a worst of all part... so here it is...

Worst of all, I desperately needed to get to the bathroom... Yes, just before the waterfall accident, I was actually about to make my way to use the inflight lavatory facilities... But now that it basically looked like I had wet myself, I had to delay and wait a couple of minutes for my pants to dry first before using the toilet, increasing my chances of an actual accident really happening...

I survived but I tell you what, I am never drinking or eating peanut butter in a plane ever again!

No comments:

Post a Comment