1.11.13

Bumprint In The Sand


Everyone knows the poem Footprints in the Sand (or at least knows of it) - you know the dream or story of the person walking along the beach and noticing two sets of footprints - theirs and God's. However, he is left to wonder where God was when he realises that during the hard times, there was only one set of footprints and after questioning God about it, finds out that it was then that God was actually carrying him. It's encouraging and inspiring, giving us a brief overview of who God is, and just how much He cares for us.

I recently came across a similar poem only it was called Butt Prints in the Sand and I absolutely loved it, so I thought I should share it...

One night I had a wondrous dream,
One set of footprints there was seen,
The footprints of my precious Lord,
But mine were not along the shore.

But then some stranger prints appeared,
And I asked the Lord, "What have we here?"
Those prints are large and round and neat,
"But Lord they are too big for feet."

"My child," He said in somber tones,
"For miles I carried you alone.
I challenged you to walk in faith,
But you refused and made me wait."

"You disobeyed, you would not grow,
The walk of faith, you would not know.
So I got tired, I got fed up,
and there I dropped you on your butt."

"Because in life, there comes a time,
when one must fight, and one must climb.
When one must rise and take a stand,
or leave their butt prints in the sand."

#nuffsaid

No comments:

Post a Comment